.

.

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Kyu Jong and Young Saeng in April Issue for Sparkling Magazine

Yehey!! Finally!! Really finally!!! After so much waiting, I finally get my hands on the April issue for sparkling Magazine!!! I am so thrilled and happy! Let me tell you the story of what I just went through! to get it.

At 10am today, I decided to go to a nearest mall in my area. Although it's just a one ride away from our house, but when I got their, they said no latest issue yet. I didn't lose hope and decided to went to 2 other malls. But after searching, on every shop for those 2 malls, they said they don't have it yet. T_T After an hour and a half, I decided to go home since I am tired and need to sleep because I need to go to work late tonight. I passed by the magazine stand again, which I already went to earlier, and saw a guy with a cart with him. Seems to me he was delivering a new set of magazines to the store. So I asked if they are already delivering the latest issue, the owner said 'Sorry ma'm we still don't have it',, but the guy who was delivering said 'Ah yes, we have it already. Here!' Then hands me over the magazine!!! I am so happy!!! Will try to read the rest of the magazine later on. Here are the scans I just did. ^^



Source: Sparkling Magazine

Please repost with full credits










 New Beginnings



SS501's Kim Kyu Jong and Heo Young Saeng start off Manila's 2011 K-POP Calendar with a bang - read on about their thoughts on friendship, love, and going solo in this Sparkling exclusive



The hiatus and separation of SS501 members into different agencies took the K-Pop world by storm. Kim Kyu Jong and Heo Young Saeng found a new home in B2M Entertainment and have begun a new chapter in their careers through a series of fan meetings across Asia. With Manila as the last stop on the And Story tour, the boys show that they're ready to go solo.



Sparkling Magazine(SM): Now that you are both doing solo projects, what new things can your fans expect?



Young Saeng: We've started preparing for our individual activities. We used to work as a group of five, but now we're working as solo. It's true that it can be a burden, but we'll try our best and hope our fans will support us. I'll be releasing a solo album soon while Kyu Jong is practicing his acting and will star in a drama this year. (The interview was conducted in February 2011)



SM: What genre can we expect from your solo album? Will it be different from SS501's brand of music?

YS: My solo album will mostly be dance music. I want to show my fans a new side of me - something different from what they used to see in SS501.






SM: Which icon do you look up to?

YS: Justin Timberlake



SM: Kyu Jong, what is your dream role as an actor?

KyuJong: I wan to be able to try all kinds of roles, but if I had to choose a specific one I would like to do a romantic drama (smiles).



SM: Is there a specific actress that you would like to work with?

KJ: I would like to work with Anne Hathaway. Recently, I watched a Korean drama starring Ha Ji Won - I'd like to work with her too.




SM: What were your first impressions of each other?

KJ: The first time I saw Young Saeng was during winter, and he was wearing a white outfit. I was impressed. I thought he was very fashionable.

YS: I thought that Kyu Jong would be really hardworking.



SM: Now that you've gotten to know each other more, how have those impressions changed?

YS: My first impression of Kyu Jong changed a lot now that we're closer. When I first met him, he was really shy and quiet. Now he's become more talkative and very funny.

KJ: My first impression of Young Saeng hasn't changed a lot. He's still fashionable as he was back then... I want to get tips from him because I'm not very good in choosing what clothes to wear!



SM: What's on your iPods right now?

YS: Since I'm a singer, I try to listen to a lot of K-Pop. But I really love rock music.

KJ: I like listening to R&B.



SM: What do you enjoy doing during your free time?

YS: I usually play video games or meet my friends and play around.

KJ: I love going on vacation and I go to the movies a lot.






SM: What are the top three things that you always bring with you when you travel?

KJ: Cellular phone, facial cleanser, and alcohol - the alcohol is for drinking (laughs)!

YS: iPhone (something I can use to listen to music), slippers (I never forget my slippers), and lastly my pajamas.



SM: What is the most romantic thing you've ever done for a girl?

YS: I recorded a video of us and edited it like a music video. After that, I went to a cafe and showed it to her. I also surprised her with a cake.

KJ: I haven't really done anything romantic, but I have something that I'd like to do: write a diary starting from the moment we first meet. I'll give it to her as a gift after we've been together for a while.



SM: Those are both so romantic! What qualities do you look for a girl?

YS: Someone very understanding.

KJ: I like girls who are very friendly.



SM: If you were not K-Pop singers, what would you be doing now?

YS: (laughs)

KJ: Aha! If I was not able to debut as a singer I would still try my best and practice till I became one. But I think I would probably be drawing if I wasn't a singer.

YS: If I wasn't a singer, I would be  a hair dresser.



SM: Have you guys tried any Filipino food? Which did you enjoy the most?

KJ: Yes, our favorite is crispy pata!  We really loved it! (namjachingukhj: crispy pata is like a deep fried crunchy pork)



SM: What is your most memorable fan experience?

KJ: I don't have a specific one, but whenever I'm on stage and see our fans holding their green lightsticks I feel really touched.



SM: If you had a super power what would it be?

YS: I would like to be able to teleport! I like the Japanese super hero Flash Man.

KJ: I want to be like Spider-Man!






SM: Your fans are very eager to see all five of you together again. Are there plans for a SS501 comeback this 2011?

KJ and YS: Right now we are focusing on our solo activities. But we definitely want to come together as a group again.



SM: What would you want to tell your Filipino fans?

YS: Since it's our first time to meet our fans from the Philippines, we're still very excited and nervous. If they really want us to visit again we need their help - please support us so we can come back again.

KJ: Even though it's my first time in Manila, I've been able to connect with our Filipino fans through Twitter. If given another chance I would be glad to come back to see you all again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails